Still trying to find ways to keep the plastic from underneath your Christmas tree, but want to have something to wrap? Why not try one of these thoughtful Christmas gifts that anyone would love to receive, whether they be for Grandpa, your babysitter or your boss. Homemade gifts don’t have to be cheap or tacky, and are definitely better for the Earth. Surprise your friends and loved ones today with one of these 21 Earth-friendly Christmas gifts.
21 Earth-Friendly Homemade Christmas Gifts
- knitted gifts (ie. hats, mittens, scarves, socks, etc.)
- paintings (perfect gifts for grandparents from grandkids)
- personalized ornaments (add pictures, names and/or dates)
- handmade soaps, body scrubs or lotions
- homemade candles
- custom coasters from wood slices
- handmade wreath (use pine cones, corks, paper, bows, etc.)
- decorative shelf made from pallets
- windchime from mismatched cutlery
- decorative vase from an old wine bottle
- ottoman from an old tire
- apron from an old shirt
- denim purse from old jeans
- recycled crayons (melt crayon ends back together into colourful new crayons)
- homemade cookies/chocolates
- flavoured oils/vinegars
- seasoning mixes (ie. seasoned salts, taco mix, bbq sauce, salsa, etc.)
- homemade hooch (ie. bailey’s, flavoured vodka, limoncello, kahlua, etc.)
- mason jar hot chocolate mix/brownie mix
- other Christmas snacks like spiced nuts, peppermint bark, homemade granola, caramel corn, etc.
Not only will your gift recipient appreciate the time and effort which went into making your Christmas gifts, but you will avoid the malls, save money for your pocketbook, and help reduce unwanted and sometimes harmful for the environment gifts this year.