It’s that time of year again. Temperatures are dropping. Leaves are changing and falling to the ground. There is a nip in the air which warns that winter is on the way. If you haven’t done so already, now is the time to tackle your fall cleanup around your home. A little yard cleanup and maintenance now will ensure your home is ready for anything Old Man Winter has to throw at you.
Fall Home Maintenance
- clean and store patio furniture
- turn off outdoor water taps and store hoses
- drain and winterize pools & sprinkler systems
- clean gutters
- ensure downspouts are clear and pointed away from the foundation of your home
- inspect roof and repair or replace shingles as necessary
- check seals on windows and doors and replace caulking as necessary
- inspect foundation for cracks
- rake leaves
- prune dead or damaged branches from trees and shrubs
- winterize lawn mower after final cut of grass
- clean and sharpen yard tools before storing for the winter
- switch over your all-seasons to your winter tires on your vehicle
Once your cleanup is done, if you find broken or damaged items which no longer have a place at your home, contact Load of Rubbish. We collect tree branches, yard waste, barbecues, renovation debris, old tires, scrap metal and plenty of other junk you don’t want to store at your home. We’ll ensure it gets to where it needs to go, be it the scrap metal recyclers or landfill, so that you can enjoy a snug winter in your home.